Composition of Corporate Social Responsibility (“CSR”) Committee
- Mr. Kapil Dhameja, Non-Executive Independent Director- Chairman
- Lt. Gen. Baldev Singh (Retd.), President & Sr. Executive Director- Member
- Mrs. Ruchica Gupta, Non-Executive Independent Director-Member
Corporate Social Responsibility Policy
Project Approved by the Board of Directors
Sports is one of the core area, where R Systems is determined to make an impact on society. It believes that sports development is a better way to serve and influence the communities wherein we operate.
It has partnered with various NGOs to promote Olympic Sports and support & encourage young aspirants to reach their full potential and perform at National & International levels.
Currently, R Systems has following programmes in the area of Sports:
- Through Prakash Padukone Badminton Academy and Pullela Gopichand Badminton Foundation - The Company has been associated with the Prakash Padukone Badminton Academy and Pullela Gopichand Badminton Foundation to train young and potential aspirants, specially girls who are interested in Badminton under its Sports Project.
- Through Abhinav Bindra Foundation Trust- Abhinav Bindra Foundation Trust (Trust), established by the Olympic Gold Medalist, Mr. Abhivan Bindra with the object of making Global Best Practices accessible to Indian grassroot Athletes. With the help of the Trust is based in Mohali, Punjab and has good track record of supporting Athletes. Through this project, the Company endeavors to provide access of Foundation facilities to meritorious Athletes and create awareness about Psychological safety, Self-Awareness, Mental Resilience among the Athletes.
- Through GoSport Foundation- GoSports Foundation is Banglore based non-profit Trust working towards the development of some of India’s top talents in Olympic and Paralympic disciplines. In association with GoSport Foundation, the Company is supporting on grooming emerging athletes to represent India at major international sporting events.
Education is another core area of R Systems. In the area of Education, R Systems aims to support and provide financial assistance to schools and other institutions for the use or benefit of students.
Company believes that learning about happiness can help students not only cope with stress, but will also help them to succeed throughout their lives. Currently, R Systems has following programmes in the area of Education:
- Through Army Public School, Beas- R Systems is providing education to the under privileged girls studying in Army Public School, Beas.
- Through Dream a Dream- Dream a Dream is a NGO based in Bengaluru, empowering young people from vulnerable background to overcome adversity and flourish in a fast-changing world using a creative life skills approach. R Systems collaborated with Dream a Dream to encourage teachers to deepen the impact on young people and unlock the potential of their students and to help young ones with information, skills and access to opportunities to make a healthy transition to adulthood. Furthermore, R Systems also support the evaluation of the Happiness Curriculum conducted by Brookings Institution. The said Happiness Curriculum will be implemented in Delhi to begin with.
Through Ritnand Balved Education Foundation- Ritnand Balved Education Foundation (Foundation), established in 1986, one of India’s leading philanthropy, education, and development foundations comprising Universities, Higher Education Institutions, Schools, Pre-schools, Forums, Academies and Centres of Research & Excellence.
The Foundation is the sponsor of renowned Amity University and is also the guiding light behind the vision of several other universities, over 200 world-class institutions, forums & academies with areas of focus varying from Anthropology to Biotechnology, Aerospace Engg. to Fine Arts, Nanotechnology to Ocean Science, Renewable Energy to Space Science.
The Programme shall promote academic cooperation with mutual understanding and identify areas where mental health of faculty members & staff while employability skills of students can be enhanced through promoting international excellence in research and teaching in higher education especially in the areas of Happiness, Spirituality & Consciousness. Through R Systems Support, the foundation shall establish Centre of Excellence for the Science of Happiness, Spirituality & Consciousness at campuses in top most university (ies) in India. Developing curriculum on Science of Happiness, Spirituality & Consciousness, Delivering curriculum of happiness to student faculties, local and global community for programs.
Women Empowerment and Well Being of Society
R Systems always believes that it should contribute more to certain sections of the society, which are socially weaken and deprived. Continuing the journey of working for the wellbeing of society, it has following programmes:
Through ICT Academy- ICT Academy is an Initiative of Government of India, State Government and Industry. Through ICT the Company endeavors to train women educators in the rural regions across India by enhancing their digital teaching skills and soft skills base of women educators for the new normal by its project called Women Educators Empowerment Programme. Women Educators Empowerment Programme will enhance the capabilities of Teachers by providing them training on “Digital Teaching Skills” and “Soft Skills” in the rural areas.
Through Providing Actions with Research And Sustainable Development (PARAS India)- PARAS INDIA was established in 2007 with the aim to transform society by uplifting and dignifying the marginalized sections of the society. With the help of PARAS India, the Company is establishing “Silai Schools” for under privileged women living in slum areas of Delhi NCR. It is a community-based initiative with the aim of skilling rural and deprived women and empowering them to become entrepreneurs. Women are taught stitching and sewing skills to help them earn a livelihood in their respective communities.
Through Missionary of Charity- Missionary of Charity, founded by Mother Teresa, with a mission to care the hungry, the homeless, the crippled, the blind, the lepers, all those people who feel unwanted, unloved, uncared for throughout society.. R Systems has extended its support to the said cause for socially isolated, crippled and homeless children in association with Missionaries of Charity, Jeevan Jyoti Home, Delhi.
Through SaveLIFE Foundation- SaveLIFE Foundation, an NGO based in New Delhi. The Company had partnered with SaveLIFE Foundation in the time when doctors, nurses and other health workers working in various Hospitals in Delhi were in dire need of PPE kits. Through this initiative, Company arranged PPE kits for various hospitals.
Annual Report on CSR Activities 2020